IEASA advocates on behalf of international students and staff with regard to visa-related matters such as applications, processing procedures, interventions and exemptions. In these efforts, IEASA is guided by RELEVANT LEGISLATION, including the following:
- Immigration Act 13 of 2002https://www.gov.za/sites/default/files/gcis_document/201409/a13-020.pdf
- Immigration Amendment Act 13 of 2011https://www.gov.za/sites/default/files/gcis_document/201409/a1320110.pdf
- Immigration Act 2002, Immigration Regulations (May 2014) IMMIGRATION ACT, 2002 IMMIGRATION REGULATIONS MAY 2014
- White Paper on International Migration for South Africa (July 2017)http://www.dha.gov.za/WhitePaper-Gazette_z.pdf
Protocol on Education and Training in the Southern African Development Community (SADC, 1997)https://www.sadc.int/files/3813/5292/8362/Protocol_on_Education__Training1997.pdf
- IEASA is the preferred contact for the Department in terms of its immigration-related communication with the South African higher education sector.
South Africa’s public HEIs have been included as clients being serviced by the DHA’s Corporate Accounts Unit (CAU).
IEASA and the DHA regularly co-host workshops on immigration topics.